Thursday, February 24, 2011

My email provider has a problem

I have spent months being frustrated by my email account with dodo.  Some days the account works fine, I can do everything you expect to be able to do with an email account, other days, the more common days, I spend two to ten minutes waiting to see the screen either open an email or delete the mail I don't want to keep.

On really, really bad dodo email account days I need at least two tries to get the selected emails to either open or delete. My most practised option is to go away.

Then there are the occasions when you might just think an email you have been sent is worthy of the spam file, I tried and my email account for reasons I don't understand cannot cope with this filing command, of course I might have hit the spam button on a bad day.

Just to make sure it was not my computer I ran a search through google, and what did I find? Phew, the provider has problems, but they don't want to discuss their problems with account holders and that the company is in denial about any problems with their email account service. This was the view expressed by individuals who had complained.

What did I do? I thought that seeing the complaints had already been made and that posts expressing disgust at the lack of care for customer culture of the said company, I might be wasting time even trying to complain about the dysfunction of my email account, so I explored a service offered by googles gmail-accessing mail from another account.

SUCCESS and how blissful it is to have access to my emails and to work in an account that does as soon as you click a function.

I have to add though, that not all dodo's customer service is bad. I have had times when I needed to sort out connection problems, the IT service side is excellent, also the cost of having an account with dodo is what I want to pay for an internet provider, which is as little as possible. That is possibly why I stayed, but now with my google gmail I am smiling and no longer worry about logging into dodo email.

No comments:

Post a Comment