Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Winter Solstice

Morning and light rain is swept across town by wind that has blown in from Antarctica. Winter is only twenty-one days old and grips the shortest day of the year with chilled claws.

Cats with cabin fever ask to go out, five minutes later they want to come back in. I have lost count of how many times I have repeated this today. They just can't believe the wind is so cold.

I spent the day with a good book, and the heater helped too. 

My cats, now that the sun has set, are seated in their favourite chairs, they are pleased with themselves, it is so much easier to hunt off their companion, and are happy to sleep inside tonight.

Tomorrow my sunlight allocation increases, a tiny, tiny bit, and winter will be another day gone. I can't complain, dare not complain, this wet winter is so, so, better than a dry one. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment